A beautiful white smile is a sign of good health, attractiveness and youthful energy. A combination of coffee, tea, smoking, acidic foods and age take their toll on whiteness and brightness. When deciding it’s time to whiten, look into all options. Price is a deciding factor for some people but the least expensive may not be the most economical if the product doesn’t produce the results you want . Dr. Edderai recommends three options for that new smile are over-the-counter home treatments in gel, strips or toothpaste or dentist office treatments: one hour in-office or the take home kit.
Before trying any form of whitening, please check with Dr. Jean-Jaques Edderai. Whitening is not advised when there is decay or other pathological conditions within the mouth as the bleaching agent which is perfectly safe on healthy teeth, could cause the condition to get worse. Some types of discoloration will not be corrected by over-the-counter kits, so your consultation may render other in-office treatments or veneers.
Over-The-Counter Home Whitening
- less expensive
- can do at your convenience without making an appointment
- have to remember to wear the strips for 30 minutes twice a day for a week
- trays sometimes leak causing blisters on gums or nausea
- whitens only a shade or two
- if over-used, could damage enamel
- could cause damage and discomfort if there is any decay or other condition
- fast, effective and gentle whitening, with no sensitivity
- contains fluoride for an even healthier smile
- Lumibrite After Care kit is available to help patients maintain their healthy
- pre-whitening exam to be sure your mouth is healthy and best method recommendation
- monitored by professional oral care professional
- up to 5 shades whiter in less than an hour
- cost starts at about $350
- You also have to watch what you eat and drink for a couple of days, since tooth enamel is very receptive to new color for the first 48 hours after a bleaching treatment.
In-Office Take Home Kit
- Easy-to-use lower-concentration peroxide gel that remains on the teeth for an hour
- Dr. Edderai inspects teeth first and approves the kit
- Custom-made bleaching trays that resemble mouth guards
- Mid-range cost of $300
- can cause some tooth sensitivity
- less whitening than in-office but more than over-the-counter
Our office features Lumibrite Chairside whitening for instantly brighter teeth. This system offers fast, effective and gentle whitening, with no sensitivity, in less than one hour. And it contains fluoride for an even healthier smile. When combined with the Sapphire Supreme Plasma Arc Curing and Whitening Light, the system is clinically proven to whiten teeth in under an hour without the use of harmful UV rays. Lumibrite Desensitizing Gel shields against whitening sensitivity, and the Lumibrite After Care kit is available to help patients maintain their healthy, beautifully white smiles (this includes three Lumibrite Home Whitening Gel syringes, custom mouth guard resin sheets, and a case). For more information and to make an appointment with teeth whitening specialist Dr. Edderai, call 305 947 7999. For more information about whitening and other services, see our website at http://www.northmiamibeachdentist.com/.